Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bob Dylan

He's in this picture, somewhere. It's like Spot the Ball, or that picture of the coffee beans with the guys face in it.

Seemed to be a mixed reaction from the crowd around us, from Mental On His Feet Hands in the Air Fan Man , to Mr I Didnae Hear a Single Song I Knew and Mr Arsehole Texting His Friend "Dylan Was Shite But Annie Seemed To Like It". Personally I thought it was like was watching a top class blues band, with a gravelly voiced dimuitive singer pitched half way between Tom Waits and Cab Calloway, who played some excellent largely unknown blues material and some cleverly arranged covers of old Bob Dylan songs (and also That Jimi Hendrix Song Out Of Withnail And I). Sadly I had to see this band in a stadium venue with about 20,000 other people, rather than in a slightly sleazy spit and sawdust blues bar. Would that I could, eh?
Seriously, this was a great gig, and big thanks to Phil for giving me his spare ticket.

No comments: